DEADLINE: Entries will be accepted at the Visitor Center from October 10-17, 2010, Reception and Award Presentation Sunday, October 24, 1PM
RULES: Entries that do not comply with all rules will be disqualified.
• The contest is open to all artists.
• Each artist may submit one or two works of art.
• Original art only - no photos.
• The subject of the work of art must be inspired by "Loxahatchee Visions."
• Any media or mixed media may be used.
• Each entry must be framed and ready for hanging. Wrapped canvas with painted edges may be used.
• Each entry is limited in size to no more than 36" on each side including framing.
• A label or card must be securely attached to the back of each entry with the title of the work of art, the artist's name, the media type, and the sale price.
• Friends of Loxahatchee will attempt to sell the entries and will retain 25% of the sale price as a contribution to the Refuge.
• Each artist will be expected to remove their unsold art from the Visitor Center auditorium after the display period.
CATEGORIES: Entries will be judged on technical excellence, originality, creativity, visual impact, and artistic merit. All decisions of the judges are final.
• There are two categories - Novice (to age 18) and Adult (age 18 and older).
• Each category will be awarded a First Prize ($250), a Second Prize ($150), and a Third Prize ($100). Award winners will also receive a ribbon.
• Judges may designate up to 3 entries in each category as Honorable Mention.
• Judges may choose not to award cash prizes if there are less than 10 entries.
For a contest entry form (PDF) please click here.